Crossway Books recently published a great article on five common myths about the bible.
What are these myths? I’m glad you asked…
- The text and translation of the Bible is completely unreliable.
- The books of the Bible were arbitrarily chosen.
- The Bible is scientifically ignorant and unreliable.
- The Bible is misogynistic.
- The Bible is a random collection of disconnected stories and inconsistent ideas.
There’s tons of good information packed in to this short article. Those five things are things a lot of people commonly assume about the bible. If you don’t know how to respond to any (or all) of these points when someone mentions them, you should really take 10 minutes and go read it.