Dr. Michael Reeves recently posted a great article with the title, “Five ‘Fake News’ Stories That People Believe about Early Christianity.“
Here they are:
1. Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene.
2. The divinity of Jesus was not decided until the council of Nicea in the fourth century.
3. Christians did not have a “Bible” until the time of Constantine.
4. The “Gnostic” Gospels like the Gospel of Thomas were just as popular as Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
5. The words of the New Testament have been radically changed and corrupted in the earliest centuries.
It’s great stuff, and won’t take you a long time to read. Check it out.