Spread the word. Here’s the details again if you need them. Same as the last couple times…
Next Monday, on 8/26 we’re going to not meet at the church building, and instead, you’re all invited to drive, carpool, or ride the train down to Rittenhouse square for an open-air time of worship, bible study, and discussion.
One other thing to remember: if it’s going to rain, we’ll cancel and meet at Calvary like regular.
- 6:00 pm – Meet at Rittenhouse Square if you want to hang out early. You can bring dinner or get food there and we can eat it together as we get ready for the meeting and talk to other people in the park.
- 7:30 pm – Open air worship and bible study in the square.
- 9:00 pm? – After we end our meeting, stay and fellowship with each other or spend time in conversation sharing the gospel with others in the park.
You Should Bring: Your bible, a blanket if you don’t want to be on the grass, bug spray, and food if you want to eat and hang, or money to buy food.
What’s going to happen? Whoever gets there before 7:30 will hang out in the park while we tune guitars and get ready for the evening. We’ll gather on one of the grass areas of the square (probably one of the corners). At 7:30 we’ll have a time of singing together, followed by a short Bible study, maybe some discussion, and maybe some more singing. Then we’ll break up and hang out some more.
Why are we doing this? We’re doing it to mix things up, and to get the great things God’s been doing in our group out into public. We’re hoping that non-believers who pass by will be drawn to listen in on what we’re doing, and start conversations with us which will lead to gospel sharing and invitations to church. We’ve never done it before, and we don’t know exactly what to expect, but come with a flexible mind and some boldness, and let’s see what God might do.
IF IT RAINS: WE’LL BE MEETING AT THE CHURCH BUILDING. CHECK THE HERE AT THE BLOG FOR FINAL UPDATES.
Driving: The park is at 18th and Walnut Street. Google Maps it and get driving directions.
Parking: Find street parking as close as you can. (Bring money for the meters.) Click here for a map. Or try one of these parking areas:
- Parkway Corporation, 1845 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA ,(215) 275-4000
- Philly Park, 1808 Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA, (215) 772-3000
- Priority Parking, 1710 Chancellor St, Philadelphia, PA, (215) 735-9100
- Park America, 1712 Chancellor St, Philadelphia, PA, (215) 735-2900
Taking the Train: Get to Suburban Station, walk 2 blocks down JFK to 18th, turn left and walk 3 blocks down 18th to the square. See the Septa Suburban Station Page here: http://www.septa.org/stations/rail/suburban.html